Brill’s Nag Hammadi Bibliography Online (NHBO) is a cross-searchable database of books, articles and reviews, which contribute to the study of Gnosticism and early Christianity. The main objective of the NHBO is facilitating the work and international collaboration of all scholars working in this field.
It includes the three Nag Hammadi Bibliography volumes by the late David Scholer, of which the first volume covered 1948–1969 and was published in the Nag Hammadi Studies series. The second volume covered 1970–1994 and the third 1995-2006, each published in the Nag Hammadi and Manichaean Studies series.
More information: www.brill.com
The Nag Hammadi Bibliography Online (NHBO) succeeds and builds upon the comprehensive but now outdated three-volume Nag Hammadi Bibliography by the late D.M. Scholer. In addition to the data collated by Scholer in his three-volume work, the new NHBO includes bibliographic data from 2013 onwards, as well as useful abstracts of every single entry, keywords, and classification data. The NHBO will be updated annually in order to provide Nag Hammadi scholars with an accurate and up-to-date online resource.
The NHBO has three main priorities:
- Compiling the complete data on all academic publications on Nag Hammadi from 2013 onwards.
- Filling the hiatus between 2007 and 2012, between Scholer’s Bibliography and the NHBO.
- Completing Scholer’s data with the addition of abstracts and keywords to the existing materials
- Links to full-text and library services
- DOI links and abstracts increasingly available
- Includes publications written in 10+ languages
- Simple, full-text search and advanced search
- Filter by type, language and key word.
Publication forms included in the Nag Hammadi Bibliography Online:
- books: monographs and edited volumes incl. Festschriften and conference proceedings
- articles from journals
- chapters from edited volumes
- reviews and review articles
- PhD dissertations